Re: Newbie...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Ben Harper on December 05, 2006 at 04:43:59:

In Reply to: Re: Newbie... posted by Leon Mattics on December 04, 2006 at 12:11:32:

Leon,
Tell me more about this "Your body is taking a little bone from one place and adding it to another"? I'm not quite sure I understand this part, and I'm definetly concerned. Shoot me an email today at work at xtremben@yahoo.com and explain more if you have time. I definetly don't want to end up injured, I've taken this pretty well slow, as I started walking about two months ago, and started with 13 minutes, then on to a little over 20 minutes then increased it to around 32 mins, then 34-35 mins then increased that with faster walking speeds. I'm only just recently just started jogging/walking this past week(Saturday), on the same 2.2 mile course (at home)and havent ran any at work.(i usually walk during lunch at work) I did however run more Sunday than I did saturday but not to much I dont think. Advice is key here, ITs been a dream of mine to run this event for a long time. However I want to train correctly.
p.s. My wife says that the information on the shoes is Dead on, and that she know's another runner that talks highly of that same "shoe expert" and my next pair of shoes will definetly come from that person.thanks for that info too!
Sincerly,
Ben Harper
(rookie runner)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail: