trash talkin' lynn replies

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by lynn allin on December 16, 2004 at 20:53:41:

In Reply to: Re: jumping in ... snakes and camping posted by Leif Irgens on December 15, 2004 at 12:31:21:

a) if i spoke canadian no one would understand me.
b) thanks for posting my miserable time...watch your back boy.
(i know people, who for $40 can have your eyes in a mayonaise jar by night fall)
c) i am qualified to train triathletes because:
-who do you know that would volunteer that much time?
-who else do you know who has a personal thing against cancer?
-who else can do a 6:15 marathon and be more excited about it than her own personal best?
-who else do you know who can be "up" on command?
-who else do you know with a background in personal training (8 years), teaching fitness to adults (15 years), has a degree in biology/biophysics (and thus knows a thing or two about human kinetics, nutrition, physiology, biochemistry) is working on a nursing degree (and therefore knows something about how a body works)?
-who else is attending a nationally recognized triathon coaching certification this weekend?
-who else do you know that has competed in two Ironman tris, arguably one of the most gruelling and demanding sports in the world?
-who else do you know who in her first season of triathon was ranked fifth in her age group by USAT ranking in the 5 states around Texas?
-who else do you know came in 10th in the National Championship Collegiate Division last year at Ironman, which by the way is NCAA, NAIA, med and grad schools COMBINED?
-who else do you know that will stand on a corner with a sign to help you raise money for TNT?
-who else do you know that will travel, on her own dime, to watch and cheer for the person she trained?
-who else do you know that will kick your butt or hold your hand, and knows when you need each?
-who esle do you know that takes the stipend provided for coaching and donates it back to the charity?
I am guessing that narrows the field a little. The only ones I can think of are um, me, and hey, wait a minute, I am the only TNT tri coach in the area. Go figure. I might not be the singlemost triathlon expert in the area, or the fastest or smartest, but I am the one willing to do the job and give it my best shot. I can also keep it earthbound and "doable", which for the type of participant we attract, is more important than having a tri gold medal.
d) I forget that last thing I was going to comment on...

Be careful buddy...I am in charge of the Battle of Mobile Bay t-shirts and if you cross me, I might just put your ugly mug on it, between cross hairs ofcourse.

gotta pack...Iron Dave is waiting...

Lynn
Triathlon coach to the stars

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail: