Re: Peanut butter and banana samiches and a jelly donut!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Joseph Rolison on December 12, 2006 at 10:02:36:

In Reply to: Re: Peanut butter and banana samiches and a jelly donut! posted by Ben Harper on December 12, 2006 at 04:59:27:

Ben, I usually don't eat before I run in the early morning (usually 4 miles). I do, however, eat a healthy cereal and skim milk and drink water within 30 minutes of finishing my run and stretching. So I'm one who'd say you don't need to chow down a bunch before a *morning* run, but then again, I'm a hack runner!

That said, running later in the day helps some people watch more closely what they eat during the day so they won't feel heavy, sluggish, etc. on their run. A 'nanner (or a Nutri-Grain cereal bar) and water an hour before an afternoon/evening run usually does me well. You're probably just going to have to tinker with the time at which you eat pre-run and with what you eat pre-run. Bananas, for example, are a great choice nutritionally and -- if you give them a few minutes to settle -- give a great energy boost. They don't stuff you like a plate of nachos at lunch (my favorite), but you'll sure run and feel a lot better!

Congrats on starting back into running. We're glad to have you in our community.
Joe Rolison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: