Re: Peanut butter and banana samiches and a jelly donut!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on December 12, 2006 at 12:31:09:

In Reply to: Re: Peanut butter and banana samiches and a jelly donut! posted by Joseph Rolison on December 12, 2006 at 10:02:36:

If you're eating dinner around 5:00 or 6:00 pm and then running at 9:00 pm, I wouldn't think you would need anything but a glass of water. Most of my workouts are after work, around 4:00 or 5:00 pm. At that point in the day, I've eaten a big lunch around noon and snacks like peanut butter crackers, Pop Tarts, Balance bars or Clif bars in the mid-afternoon (maybe 2:00 or 3:00 pm). If I'm going long (more than 1.5 hours), I'll take an energy bar with me (I prefer them to gels) and also energy drink. But I don't eat anything right before going out.

On the weekends, I workout in the morning. If I'm going on a long run, I won't eat much, maybe a few pretzels or a Clif bar but I'll drink a lot of water before going out the door (unless it's unseasonablly cool as in below 45 F, in which case I cut back on the water) and I'll again take bars and drink with me. If I'm starting with the pool or the bike, I'll eat a peanut butter bagel or something like that about 20-30 min. before starting out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: