Re: Outstanding Weather for Marathon

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on December 28, 2004 at 17:56:54:

In Reply to: Re: Outstanding Weather for Marathon posted by Todd Golomb on December 28, 2004 at 11:19:08:

Inconsistant? INCONSISTANT?!? Todd, are you kidding? Let me tell you about inconsistant. I was up in WV for the holidays. Tuesday, before we got up there, it started out around 4 degrees. On Wednesday, it was 64 degrees and sunny (That's not a typo. 4 on Tuesday, 64 on Wednesday). Thursday brought rain and temps. in the 50's, falling into the 30's with a switch to sleet in the evening. On Friday, a mix of clouds and sun with temps. in the 20's. Saturday, sunny with temps. in the teens to low 20's. Sunday, cloudy with a steady 30-33 degrees. Snow Sunday night and temps. in the 20's on Monday. Today, sunny and back into the 40's and tomorrow back into the 50's. That's typical for up there and is also typical for much of the midwest.

Believe me, look at your weather patters. The weather down here is sometimes so consistant, the same weather will be forecasted for 3-5 days in a row. Having lived a number of other places, it has often surprized me at how little short-term change there is in the weather from day to day. It frequently takes several days for the weather to undergo a substantial change. I guess that's the affect of having the Gulf of Mexico just outside our front doors.

Leif

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: