Re: A Runner Who's Moving to Mobile

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on February 21, 2007 at 09:43:47:

In Reply to: Re: A Runner Who's Moving to Mobile posted by Leif Irgens on February 20, 2007 at 16:02:00:

Well, you have many choices of locations to live so far! I'm sure your husband has been given a few suggestions, as well. There are a few neighborhoods, just west of the college on Old Shell Rd/McGregor Rd-Country Club Village, Ravine Woods, and Sringhill Manor (5 minutes)- where the homes are growing in value. You are near Langan Park, one of Mobile's largest, so you have an area to run.

You'll find on the positive side that your Colorado dollar will go further here and Alabama's property taxes are not anywhere close to your present tax base. That said, on the negative side, you get what you pay for. The path & trail program that you come to know in Boulder does not exist here. There is a path system in the works near the neighborhoods, I mention and should be finished in the near future.

Our running year / race calendar starts in June. May I suggest you go ahead and join the Port City Pacers before your arrival so you'll get a "feel" of what's coming up in our area.

Oh yeah, Get ready for the humidity!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: