The Injured (and might I add, grumpy) Runner

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by vince kilborn on April 17, 2007 at 20:42:23:

Attention Sportsfans: I have come to the realization that injuries are liable to strike anytime, anywhere, and without discrimination. Once I disclosed my IT band issue, other runners came out of the closet to talk about injuries they have worked through, or are currently dealing with.

What to do about them? Well, I've also learned that sitting on the couch doesn't do any good beyond a week or two, at which point a period of "active recovery" can begin. The IT in particular is a bit tricky, and I greatly appreciate the sage counsel from those that have been there before. As any injured runner knows, we are a grumpy sort, and the temptation is great to be left alone in our misery. Problem is, that won't get us back on the roads. Smart and intelligent training will, as we ease back into our passion. That's where I am, and you don't realize how great running is until you are out of it for a little while.

Be patient, friends, and I'll try to do more than hand you a cup of water (or two upon request) at the next 5K.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: