Re: VOLUNTEERS

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on May 29, 2007 at 08:26:06:

In Reply to: Re: VOLUNTEERS posted by Kevin Egan on May 26, 2007 at 15:25:07:

Thanks for the feedback. I cannot say that everything goes smoothly at any race but I can say that we are trying to put volunteers that let us know that they are going to be there, with a specific task. It helps to know that if you give your time, that you are valued. On the day of the race, it then becomes "plug in the holes" time. It may take a minute to find the area that is lacking people-Course protection, finish shoot help, post party support. If you come real early or stay a bit later, the truck always needs loading and unloading.

Now, with that said, one of the things that bugs me a bit, is the Pacers get attached or connected, if you will, to races that are not ours but that we are there to support and provide finish line results. This is usually not a big deal until an issue arises. Case in point is the race that was an issue in the post above. The USA race was not ours, nor was one of the races that someone had an issue with on a much earlier post. I know a support person for the USA visits this site and I'm not throwing barbs because there are things that come up at every race. I just want folks to look at the ap or visit our calendar and direct their input in the proper place (whether it's our or someone else) The USA race probably had a lot of volunteer students and it's unfortunate that the answer that was given was so abrupt. I hope it wasn't intended that way.

Thanks for the feedback, Pat thanks for trying to help the issue. Sorry we keep bringing it up but we are a volunteer organization.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: