Re: Did ya'll tri or what???

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Ben Harper on June 06, 2007 at 09:25:57:

In Reply to: Re: Did ya'll tri or what??? posted by Allyson Lamey on June 04, 2007 at 07:37:06:

Swim: equals not only icky, but very choppy IMHO...definelty want to make dang sure you train ALOT for an open water swim. Open water is NO WAY compared to pool swimming!!! Much harder!

I didnt drown (felt like i came dam close 3-4 times lol) but I can tell ya this, when I do this again, I will be 4-5 times more prepared than i was currently for this Grandman!! :)Is the water shallow....yea about half way out and about half way back, other than that...unless your "over" 7 feet tall you had better be able to swim...

Bike:My transition time sucked, as I was totally drained from the swim..so it took me 5 plus minutes to regather myself, drink in some engergy drink, and a couple pb crackers...shoe up, and get my bike to the line for the ride...plus had to buckle up helment, etc...
wound up making the bike in 1:03 mins...averaged 16.0 mph (not to bad i didn't think.

run: extremely drained at this point, but did make the run in about 34 or 36 mins (dont really remember) sprinted to the finish at a time 2 hours 10 mins and 53 seconds

in all seriousness...I only have been running for 5 months and a couple days....swam only once in a pool for about 20-30 mins, and felt fairly comfortable as I had ridden all week somewhere between 14-16 plus miles including riding the course 7 days prior to the tri with a friend, after a 5k run :)
so I'm pretty proud that I even finished....
next up
"MY first tri" triathlon at Eglin Air Force Base June 9th, 2007 (this coming weekend)...200 meter swim, 8.1 mile bike ride, and 2.5 mile run
:):):)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: