Hey, All you B.B. Bombers!..and anyone else for that matter.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on January 17, 2005 at 19:58:25:

.....FYI...I realize ya'll already have your "Mile" marked off on your loop off of Rangeline, but you may notice some "new" markings on your next workout.
Jon Bowie and I (mostly Bowie :)) measured and marked of a 1-Mile loop with a start and finish (going counter-clockwise to coincide with our OCD of running laps on a track!). This loop is measured to "certification criteria" and will serve as the certified 1-Mile course to be used in a few months for an upcoming race......."The Mobile Moonlight Mile".
Yes, that's right friends you heard correctly....The Mobile Moonlight Mile!
We will be releasing more details in the very near future (hopefully by Joe Cain 5K), but basically what we're looking at doing is putting on a 1-Mile race on a fast certified course to give folks a shot at setting the State record right here in Mobile. The race will take place in the evening, most likely an 8pm start for the females and an 8:30pm start for the males. The tenative date for the event is Friday evening June 3rd.
We are going to dovetail this event into the Summer racing series started last year by Lisa Drew and others. It will act as a sort of "Kick-Off" event and used to promote the "Summer Series"

As stated, we will be giving out more detailed info in the very near future, but wanted to give everyone a heads-up!
Anyone interested in helping out in any way......feel free to contact me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: