ATR News

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on February 16, 2005 at 11:26:09:

I've just submitted an article that Sylvia asked me to do concerning the ATR Expo that will appear in March's edition of the Paceletter but I wanted to let the readers of this Forum in on a couple of new things happening this year and hopefully have ya'll "spread the word".

First, we are going to try conducting an "Open Mike" program for Friday's ATR Expo from 5 until 7pm. This is to allow the opportunity for any of the merchandise or medical vendors to speak about their product or services to the gathered crowd. Right after that at 7:00, Bart Yasso from Runner's World will speak and show some slides of his many race adventures.

Secondly, Baldwin Bone & Joint is sponsoring a "Used But Clean" shoe dropoff for anyone interested in getting rid of their old running shoes. The shoes must be clean and in good shape for reuse. There will be a dropoff location at the Expo where this program will culminate. I've been told that there will be locations at local fitness centers in Mobile & Daphne for those who wish to drop them off before ATR happens. If wanting to shop for new shoes at the Expo, you will have the opportunity to drop off your old ones after purchasing your new ones. Contact Pam Denham at Baldwin B & J for dropoff locations.

We hope you will be a part of these two additions to the Azalea Trail Run Expo. See ya' March 18 & 19.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: