Out of love

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by athena lopez on March 22, 2005 at 06:48:26:

In Reply to: Basic Rant! posted by Bill White on March 21, 2005 at 17:18:35:

There were a few years that I did volunteer for the ATR at the beverage stand. It was when I was a youngin still in my college years. I do understand the pain and set up time and missing out on the start and finish of races b/c you guys needed so much help inside. I also did the timers last year for the ATR before racing in the two mile. It is like voting. If you do not vote you cannot complain. If you vote you can. If you have helped or volunteered you can complain right? I do want to help. I know it is aggravating to hear all of the criticism but without the criticism how will you know to make things better? You guys did the best job you could and it was a great job. A few complaints does not mean that the event was no good. You accommodated 5,000 plus people and received maybe 10 complaints? That's excellent! You have to look on the positive side of things. I didn't even realize I was comparing the ATR to the Senior Bowl as many times as I have run both and I am only 30 (Wow that sounds nice. "Only 30") I am sure many other people made the same mistake. I am so sorry about all of this.

I also was a part of certified and uncertified result in the ATR as a local. I was third place until I saw my name the next day in the paper as 4th place instead of 3rd. They counted a college student as a local that year even though it was clearly stated what a local was. I was really sad but I got over it.

You cannot please everyone and no one needs to explain why. Just like Kerry says let's work on 2006. I would like to help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: