One, for sure, prerequisite to those.....

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on March 24, 2005 at 16:55:18:

In Reply to: Volunteer Horrors Revisited posted by Kerry Rehm on March 24, 2005 at 09:11:55:

....who would like to take that "step up" and volunteer at races or for time on the board is that you are able to "roll with the punches".

As you well may know by now, a group of this size - 700 members - brings with it a variety of personality traits that may not be quite like yours. One must be able to adapt to these "varying attitudes and beliefs" while keeping one thought in mind, "I'm doing this for the Port City Pacer running community". I know it's hard. It's tough getting along with someone who clashes with the way you think or act but isn't that the way life goes on outside of PCP? Don't we clash with the people we work with or attend church with? So what if we clash with the ones we run with or volunteer with. Our goal at PCP should be to put together top-notch races for the community and increase the community's spirit on the benefits of exercise and running.

I hope you will consider helping out in the near future. If you have tried before and were met with some form of resistance, please give it another try. If you were treated unfairly or spoken to unkindly, remind the one who did that that "YOU ARE A VOLUNTEER" and "YOU ARE ONLY TRYING TO BE A HELPING HAND".

Thanks for letting me come to you with this. I've been thinking about what factors may be involved with the shortage of help from the members of PCP and this was one thing that came to mind.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: