Re: A GREAT idea for area runners!!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Bruce Coldsmith on April 01, 2005 at 12:30:30:

In Reply to: An idea for area runners?? posted by Jon Adams on March 28, 2005 at 10:38:05:

A great idea for area runners.

Jon, I think this would be a great way to accomplish two gaols: first to create more cohesion within the local running community, and second, to create a broader competitive framework within the community.

I used to be a part of the Washington Running Club in my younger, more serious racing days. We would send teams, with club financial support, to compete in major races on the East Coast. We had some great teams and great roadtrips. To make the team you not only had to be fast, but you also had to put in serious time as a volunteer.

It worked!

You've done a great job with Spiridon, and I see that as a spring board for the teams- though of course I would like to see it built through the Pacers and be inclusive of all interested Pacer runners. We could create a Grand Prix of participating clubs and their premier races- Peachtree, Cresent City, Vulcan, etc.(and of course ATR).

The other benefit this would bring is to create (a) season(s) with a peak, runners on similar racing and training schedules and reasons to train seriously with each other. I believe these ingredients are vital for runners to develop to their potential. This would definitely be an incentive for me (and I imagine other has beens) to get geared up.

Let me know how I can help. Who else is interested?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: