Re: Viking Invincibility

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on September 04, 2007 at 11:49:53:

In Reply to: Re: Mo truth posted by Leif Irgens on September 04, 2007 at 09:44:23:

Yo;

I never said don't follow your passion or your training schedule. I said, or meant to say, that we in this area need never let safety stray far from our thoughts while biking the not-so-friendly-2-bike-roads around here. Bikers are killed and crippled around here with what at least seems to be a greater frequency than other cities where the pursuit of fitness is more widespread---as are bike paths, not coincidentally.

One can choke to death on spit, it's true; and we're all gonna die sooner or later; but my point is an athlete on a bike won't win all that many battles with a motor-driven machine, and apparently, if one can believe what one hears on the news, a modicum of care, at the very least, should be exercised when one is biking on the mean streets.

I didn't say don't do it; and I didn't say be afraid. I said be careful. It makes me sick to hear these news stories and to imagine what such an accident must be like.

Old Ninny,

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: