Re: Infidels!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on August 01, 2005 at 10:29:20:

In Reply to: Infidels! posted by Monetta Roberts on August 01, 2005 at 08:26:03:

Uhhhmmm . . . errrrr . . . aaaahhh . . . I search my soul for proper words for which to redeem myself and find that perhaps there are none. But I will try anyhow:

I've made an egregious error in my wording. On re-reading my earlier post, I've come to the horribly obvious conclusion that the word "real" had absolutely NO place whatsoever in my comment on the green jersey prize. I most certainly should have said that my only goal was to "win the green beret in the one and only addition of the Tour de Meaux order to attain a stature equal to or beyond my honored countryman who most will likely win only one green jersey in his career in that mundane every-year race known as the "Tour de France".

All I can offer in my defense is that I made my post befor I had my morning coffee (who and I kidding, I don't even drink cofffee) and that everyone on this forum knows how poorly I proof-read. If I had even a smattering of proof-reading skill, the horrible oversight in comparing the annual Tour de France with the incredibly rarer one-time Tour de Meaux would have been glaringly obvious.

Would it help redeem my good standing to offer that you looked absolutely stunning last Friday night in that black dress? Perhaps that was the problem all along. I believe my head was still spinning from the sight of you in that dress and that is still affecting my ability to think clearly . . .
;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: