hurricane run in october??

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by lynn allin on September 05, 2005 at 11:00:07:

The Blue Bell Bombers were running and talking yesterday and we came up with the following suggestions:

Since the Ghost Chase is cancelled and since we have to postpone Katrina, I think we should combine the two and call it, "The ghost of Katrina" or something like that.

We will also collect tshirts, canned goods, diapers, small house hold stuff etc at the race for those people who are feeling the gas pinch and don't want to drive to Bills just yet. This will allow us time to get back on our feet a bit so we will be in a better position to share.

We will be turning this stuff over to the Salvation Army and bay Area Food Bank so they can make a systematic and planned distribution, instead of just a bunch of us going over there in our trucks (hitting some areas but missing others).

Also, please give blood. I know this will interfere with your speed work this week, but as a nurse I can assure you we are extremely low and need all the healthy, able bodies we can get....and the pcps are pretty darn healthy!

Talk it over. We are ready to host the race whenever it is and in whatever form it takes.

Lynn "got my power back yesterday" Allin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: