Re: All Hail the Gate Keeper

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on March 26, 2006 at 09:39:31:

In Reply to: All Hail the Gate Keeper posted by Leif Irgens on March 25, 2006 at 20:04:01:

From the high road in the wayback of Leif's brain:

>There, see Mo, I can say it. He would have beat me no matter what and >regardless of any extrainous circumstances.

Now that's a good boy, Leif. That's what I call grace in defeat, not that you were defeated exactly, as you bested approximatly 2,487 people. (Sorry, but I'm not compulsive enough go look up the exact number, but you get the idea: I'm saying YOU did very well, whatever protestations you come up with aside.)

Jelly-Belly Man ain't GOT no belly that I could see yesterday---are we gonna have to start calling him FLAT Belly Man???---Jeez that would be depressing. In any case, Victor went postal in the race yesterday, and you, you, you had a big chemical reaction and I don't know what line of work Timmy's in so I can't make an equally lame analogy for him, but I understand it was possibly the 1st time he saw the underbelly of 40:00? A whole lotta folks rocked out yesterday and I'm as proud of you all as a girl can possibly be.

Congratulations to Bowie, Y-man, Lisa Drew, and all the other local champions, and to Athena for seemingly overcoming her crippling knee problem to run what looked to me to be a great time. Hope you're able to walk today, 'thena!

Many, many thanks to Race Director Professor Peggy Olive and her minions of race workers for another spectacularly fabulously ATR. Your endless hours of work are appreciated more than we can ever say. Please raid the club treasury and enjoy a relaxing trip to Figi (or Dothan) on the club.

OK,

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: