Thanks for the help at Turkey 10

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on November 21, 2005 at 11:16:06:

I just wanted to publicly thank all those who helped set up and tear down the course Saturday. I especially want to thank John Olive for all that he did. For those who don't know, after loading the truck Friday evening, we could not get it started again to put back in it's fenced area. John figured out that it was the battery and spent well into the evening replacing it. I heard that one of the terminals broke as well that evening which kept John out until 1:00am Saturday morning fixing it. He only had a few hours sleep before having to get up to drive the truck out to the race site.

I wanted to describe this in detail because there are a lot of PCP members who don't know what our volunteers go through sometimes....all done out of love so that a race can go on as scheduled. I know I appreciate all volunteers, especially the ones who have been doing their PCP or ATR duties for 10, 15 and, for some, 20+ years.

Let's remember to always show our appreciation for the hard work they do. Give them pats on the back or a kind word when you see them at a race. Better yet, why don't you join us for a race or two in helping put it on. Our "experienced" volunteers would love to have their load "lighten" as many times as possible.

THANK YOU, JOHN!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: