Re: 2 Mile Course Records--a move in the right direction

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by vince kilborn on March 28, 2006 at 21:52:37:

In Reply to: Re: 2 Mile Course Records--a move in the right direction posted by Lisa Drew on March 28, 2006 at 20:42:51:

Connie Jo, I just have one thing to say, and that's you have done a tremendous job in coordinating the 1 and 2 mile runs. If the purpose of the rolling start is to prevent injuries and slow down the field at the gate, this works remarkably well. By all means, the safety of the participants comes first, and this was handled very well on Saturday. Thank you for making this event successful and safe for my daughter and the other runners.

Lisa, you are a true champion in every sense, and I am glad to know that people like yourself and Connie Jo think as much about these issues as I seem to as of late. My objective in making these commentaries is to perhaps set forth some new perspectives (or at least reiterate old ones) in a small effort to improve the racing experience in Mobile. We have wonderful talent, organization, leadership and enthusiasm, and I believe everyone involved with PCP and ATR is dedicated to the sport and the community. The more involved I become, even as a middle-of-the-pack-runner, the greater I appreciate the effort it takes to put together an event of this magnitude, not to mention the other fine road races during the year. In short, I'm glad you share and have even addressed some of the observations I've tried to elaborate on here, and again, our race organizers set a very high standard, which I for one am very grateful for. By the way, congratulations on your outstanding performance. Your success over the decades is a benchmark in this great sport.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: