Re: Mobile Marathon

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Vince Kilborn on January 20, 2006 at 20:19:00:

In Reply to: Mobile Marathon posted by Wyman Hamilton on January 19, 2006 at 19:40:41:

Congratulations, Wyman! As a first time marathoner, I can only dream about what it feels like to run at the front of the pack. It's great to see one of our local favorites win, and you should be deservedly proud of this great achievement. Although I had a somewhat different perspective, truly running from the back of the pack with a 5:43, I have to say that the experience was awesome. My girlfriend and two daughters were even able to meet me at four different locations along the route, and my mom met me at St. Mary's and the finish. I heard people were wondering who the "GO DAD" sign was for, and I am most proud to say my wonderful daughter Emma, 10, made it for me, with Mary Frances, 13, supplying much needed gatorade and my own special brew (at least I didn't get sick on it). Talk about encouragement. I'm going to keep that sign forever. I had already decided that unless I was at risk of serious injury, no way was I going to drop out of the race, particularly in front of my family. I nearly broke down just after crossing the finish line, but somehow maintained my composure. Congratulations to our champion and all finishers--we are all winners.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: