Re: Mobile Marathon

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on January 21, 2006 at 08:07:00:

In Reply to: Mobile Marathon posted by Wyman Hamilton on January 19, 2006 at 19:40:41:

Y-Man!

COngratulations! I was *so* very happy to get back to town after last weekend and see you on the front page of the newspaper winning the marathon! Great job!!!!! I can feel your wheels-came-off-before-the-end pain: The first year of the marathon, when I raced the marathon racewalk, I decided to charge up the hills from 10 to 20 and maintain my pace, and all was going extrememly well, until the exact moment I made the right hand turn to onto Spinghill Ave for the last 10K. That's where my mind imploded and as best I can describe it, my behind seemed to turn to glass that was about to shatter. Anyway, enough about me---it's a fun but not-so-easy course, and I am SOOOOOO proud of you for besting the field. I can't imagine how much harder it must be to keep pushing yourself when you're out there all by your lonesome. You must have some kind of mental toughness-----can you bend spoons just by looking at them?

Congrats on your marriage too! Nobody tells me anything. Ask your wonderful wife if you're free the weekend of the Grandman Tri to help dominate the relay division. I'd love to put the old team together again. I've got a road bike now, but of course I readily admit it's you and the swimmer what actually win the relays for us.

Lemme know about that (Staylowstaymo@aol.com) and congratulations on ALL your good news!

Your pal,

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: