Huh????

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on August 20, 2008 at 08:25:36:

In Reply to: Girls wanna score too! posted by Victor Birch on August 19, 2008 at 20:59:45:

Victor, I think your question was intended for a comment/post below.....but this format CAN be quite confusing! Anywhoo, the reason I suggested throwing out the Marathon (at least for this year) was due to the fact that most everyone at this stage already has a Marathon they are commited to and training for......and more than likely we don't have one or two particular Marathons among the teams participating that we could use as "common battleground". Perhaps next year we could designate one or two Marathons as official scoring races and at that point it would be up to each team member to point to that race or not. It basically goes back to a comment you made earlier( and I agree with....ESPECIALLY in regards to the Marathon)....this only "works" if everyone competes on the same courses. It wouldn't be a true measure of competition if you ran Rocket City, I ran Memphis, Kenric ran Stennis, Gabriel ran First Light, etc, etc....and we used the results from all these different races.
As for going 5-deep....I'm not opposed, but two things....I'd rather not see us keep changing the "rules" in midstream, and 2nd... perhaps it would make a difference perhaps not. It kinda looks to me that the women....especially those over the age of 30-35 make out pretty well in this age graded thing.
We can always tweak things a bit for next year's competition once we see how things shake out. Just my .02 worth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: