How Low Can You Go???

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on November 13, 2008 at 09:14:43:

Have you ever wondered just how fast you may be capable of running a particular distance? Yes I suspect we all have dreams or visions somewhere in the back of our minds as to how fast we could become, but have you ever seriously considered your potential. How fast do you think "Average Joe Runner" could run a 10K? Naturally everyone's "inborn" ability is different to some degree. It takes some special genetics along with some serious training to obtain the world class times times that we see the "Elite" run at some of these races....but I think it would surprise many people to find that most "Average Joe" runners have the capability to run what many would consider upper crust times. Of course in most cases "Joe" just can't run out the door for a jog and run a 33-minute 10K after a month of training. No, BUT I do believe that "Joe" can run a 33:?? minute 10K with dedication, proper training, and the desire to do so.
So I guess that's my question to everyone out there, what do YOU think the "Average Joe" or "Jane" is capable of?
As for me, I have no scientific data to back this up...but from personal experience I believe that any Male/Female of an average physical capability (referring mainly to lack of any major "mechanical" problems) has the ability to run the following:
Male- 5K- 16:50
10K- 33:45
Marathon- Sub-3 Hrs

Female- 5K- 17:50
10K- 35:30
Marathon- Sub-3:30

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject: