Re: Cost of Races in Mobile

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kevin Egan on January 22, 2010 at 09:08:38:

In Reply to: Cost of Races in Mobile posted by Leon Mattics on January 18, 2010 at 15:54:49:

Just a few thoughts on expense control. If a course was to incorporate a 'secure' area that required FEWER police, the overall cost of the PD would be reduced, correct?

i.e. put a loop/leg into USA where you have relatively few intersections & perhaps a more accomdating police department. FWIW, some of Brookley Field is also under USA's police jurisdiction. Botanical Gardens? SpringHill College? Langham Park?

I always thought running the causeway would make a great course. Start at the battleship and do an out & back? No intersections to speak of. Depending on the exact start location you could be completely out of the city & their time and a half rule.

Final thought- wonder what the county charges for race duty? Is there any reason we could not hire county deputies to work the in-town races? I am sure they don't want to into a bidding war with the city, but might be worth looking into.

Final thought (this time I mean it)- I appreciate the Pacer races and if you've read this far, want to to say thank you for all the effort the leadership and volunteers put into it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: