Running in Mobile

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jennifer Hegarty on August 26, 2010 at 14:21:50:

Hi All,

I am considering moving from New England to Mobile to take a position at USA and would like to know what the running scene is like there. I have looked at the PCP website and it certainly seems that there is a sizeable and active running community in Mobile. However, during my visit for an interview last week I had a difficult time finding good running routes since most of the roads were heavily travelled by cars and I didn't see too many runners, walkers or bicyclists. So I guess my first question is where do most of you run (or bicycle during injury layoffs)? Can you usually find a good route from your home or office or do you typically need to drive to a park or less busy area?

Does PCP set up any club training sessions, for example a weekly interval session at a local track? Since I will be at USA it would be easy for me to use the track on campus, but it would be great to know of alternatives in case that track should become unavailable during periods of future construction.

Thanks so much in advance for any information you can provide. Sorry for asking so many questions, but it will be a big move for me and I would like to get as much information about my life outside of work as possible before making a decision.

Have a great day!

Jen

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: