Re: IRONMAN

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on November 05, 2006 at 16:13:16:

In Reply to: IRONMAN posted by Pat Hilliard on November 05, 2006 at 15:37:32:

. . . and pardon me for getting up on a soap box but, given the carnage a few athletese went through, it's also speaks to the lack of caring and concern the corporate giant WTC (World Triathlion Corporation) shows for the people that endlessly flock to their races. Personally, I'll never understand the popularity for the WTC races. A mass start with over 2000 peole is mass chaos (and a few broken noses) in the swim. It's also a guarantee for crowding on the bike course (meaning lots of unpunished drafting - i.e. cheating - and lots of crashes).

I have immense respect for the athletes who manage to complete this distance. But, along with my respect for the athletes, is a matching distain for the WTC. No wonder USAT and the international triathlon governing body have been at odds with the WTC for two years (including law suits and a refusal to insure WTC events due to concerns for athlete safety). So, pardon me for using this great accomplishment by local triathletes as an opportunity to wage this campaign but how else will people know what they're in for when they put up the hundreds of dollars WTC charges for this corporate chaos.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: