many thanks!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [All Messages]

Posted by lynn allin on January 02, 2005 at 19:44:40:

In Reply to: First Light Marathon Race Directors-thanks posted by Leon Mattics on January 02, 2005 at 17:43:06:

I send that emotion!

The medals are beautiful. I liked the old ones too, but I understand some people wanted something "framable". The new trophies are great too. Still with that handmade touch.

There seemed to be a lot more police and spectator support this year. I loved it! People on their porches watching the crazy people trod passed. Great! But I would like to teach the police about the whole tangent concept. They made me run several steps out of my way at a few spots, and I hate running more than necessary.

I had no idea that the numbers were down. I guess that's why I came home with a trophy....hmmm.

I agree we need to support this. There is nothing funner than running/racing on your home course. It isn't an easy race, but it's OURS!! And did anyone check out where some of the runners came from? California, Ontario, Quebec, Wisconsin...they are coming from around North America, the least we can do is showcase some local talent. Think of the money they are bringing in. This is a good thing. Let's help it grow (then maybe Spring Hill will get its head out of its butt).

...ok, must rest now.

Lynn "3 states down, 47 to go" Allin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: