Re: A Runner Who's Moving to Mobile

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on February 20, 2007 at 14:10:49:

In Reply to: A Runner Who's Moving to Mobile posted by Marilyn Grobschmidt on February 20, 2007 at 12:43:12:

Marilyn,

Welcome to Mobile!! (Well, in a few months from now.)

Off the top of my head, I can tell you that there are a couple of neighborhoods in the Spring Hill College area that are good running grounds. Right across Old Shell Rd., from the main gate into the college, is a neighborhood with many streets and very nice scenery. There are many turns you can make in there so my advice is that you drive around in it first just to get familiar with the territory. Of course, running around the college has it's own beautiful scenery, as well. Another close area to the college would be on the back side of the college down by the golf course/Dauphin St. Across Dauphin St., is a neighborhood called Llanfair/Yester Oaks. It is a nice neighborhood with many streets to use. I run it many times and can get in 3-4 (and more) miles going all through it.

I know you didn't ask about areas around Spring Hill College but I thought I would throw those in in case you ever find yourself wanting to run from there.

Pretty much any "somewhat new" neighborhoods in the Cottage Hill/Hillcrest/Cody Rd. area out in West Mobile, will have a good safe place for you to get a good run in. Just some to throw out would be: Hickory Ridge, Savannah Trace, Smithfield, Inverness, Woodhillcrest and Sugar Creek.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: