Re: Forget about it...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on September 15, 2007 at 19:34:46:

In Reply to: Re: Forget about it... posted by Angela Strickland on September 14, 2007 at 08:48:27:

You know . . . I got into viewpoints on aging on another forum not too long ago. The responses I see on this thread have prompted me to post similar views here:

In this country (and maybe other countries too) - in my opinion - we have some sort of strange idea that there's something wrong with getting old. It's as though we feel we have to stop doing fun stuff when we get old, so instead of admitting that we're getting old, we run around saying " Heck, I'm not old, I'm 87 years young". Sheesh. There's nothing wrong with getting old. There's nothing wrong with bald heads, grey hair and getting slower. But the idea that I have to pretend that I'm not old when my eyes don't work like they used to, when I don't recover from illness or injury the way I used to, when my "plumbing" doesn't function it way it used to. . . . all those changes are normal. It doesn't bother me that I'm getting old. But I'm not going to pretend that I'm not getting old and that my body isn't changing when the changes are absolutely undeniable. But just because I'm getting old - that doesn't mean that I'm going to quit doing the stuff I love . . . and I'm most certainly going to try to compare what I'm doing now to what I could do when I was younger in order to continue to try to understand what my capabilities are as I continue to get older.

Make sense?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: