Re: Thanks for clearing it up.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on May 31, 2006 at 16:28:51:

In Reply to: Thanks for clearing it up. posted by Victor Birch on May 31, 2006 at 00:43:11:

Victor, It's not a big thing but to help clarify an on-going issue of what races are Pacers and which ones we support with timers/finish line, the "Do it for Dad" race is not a Pacers race, just as the Bay Bears is/was NOT a Pacer race (I wonder why I cherry picked that one). Where some of the confusion comes in, I think, is that these races post up in our Paceletter and are posted on this site. The PCP includes these perks because we want to see these races succeed.

As for the date, Eric Reynolds-from WALA Fox 10 came up with it (Dad's Day weekend), to bring attention to Men and the high rate of prostate cancer.

We try to keep other race's dates in mind when we give recommendations to the race directors that are making their proposal. We inevitably run into collisions with other races when these races are pitched, to the board, after the initial calendar is set.

We will be setting the calendar for 2006-2007 June,6 (or at least setting the wheels in motion) WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE CCC, SPRING FEVER, MCGUIRES, FIESTA AND VICTORY BOWL IN MIND. Because there are limited dates and dates like St Patty Day, we are handcuffed a bit. If anyone would like to pass along a date to try to "avoid" let us know and we'll do our best to not put a race up against it.

Also, please pay close attention to this year's calendar. Due to the lack of a Race Registration/Results official, the number of races may decline. There are so many good causes that come to us, we have had a hard time saying "no" in the past and have stretched core volunteers to the limit. We hope you understand.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: