3 out of 300 ain't bad

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Victor Birch on January 20, 2008 at 00:29:17:

In Reply to: Re: Panther Pride 5K has been canceled posted by jason bright on January 19, 2008 at 18:29:40:

I'm sorry, Jason, that you made the drive and the race was cancelled. There is no sarcasm at all in that statement. I would not have been happy in your situation either. Your posting made me think about my racing career. It started in 1984 or somewhere around there so I'm sure that I'm around 300 races also. In that time, I recall 3 races being cancelled. One was due to snow (in March believe it or not), one due to lightning a few years ago and today's race with flooding, very cold temperatures and lightning. I don't think that 3 is all that bad in that many years (Katrina postponed the Hurricane Run but there was plenty of advance notice for that one being cancelled). In any case, every race application that I have ever bothered to read states that the race could be cancelled due to inclement weather. I think that the right call was made for the greatest number of people. I hope that you can make the makeup date. If not be satisfied in knowing that the money went to a worthy cause and that no one wound up being injured. In the grand scheme of things, there are more important things than running a race "no matter what the cost". Hopefully, we will see you at the starting line next time.

Victor

PS The contact number is a nice idea but what volunteer is going to put their personal number out for that purpose? Posting on this forum is about the best that we can hope for.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: