Re: Two More Bikers Down

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on August 23, 2008 at 16:14:58:

In Reply to: Re: Two More Bikers Down posted by Jim Mather on August 22, 2008 at 16:18:36:

Jim, I have lived in this city my whole life. Your description of the Mobile culture is good but let me define it a little more for those reading who may be somewhat new to the city - Mobile is comprised of both "I'm filthy rich and you are nothing" people along with "I'm a redneck and I graduated 5th grade" people.

Kevin, from your post, Mobile's Police Dept. do have a "bike unit". It's somewhat small and they are mainly seen downtown.

My idea for "doing something" would be to organize an "Intersection Blockade" in protest to the city for not providing a suitable space on our streets for "safe" cycling. First thing would be to call a meeting of all cyclists to attend then work on setting a date for all to meet ON their bikes in the middle of a "predetermined" major intersection either first thing in the morning say 7:00am or in the early evening say 7:00pm. Have homemade signs that voice our displeasure of our city officials for not providing us with "safe" travels on the roads that WE pay taxes for.

This blockade will continue each week or every two weeks at various intersections and will not STOP until WE ARE HEARD AND ACTION IS TAKEN!!!!!!!!

Okay....off my soapbox...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: