Screeeeeech!!! (pause, everyone turns around) "I can ...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Victor Birch on January 30, 2005 at 14:45:00:

In Reply to: Re: Top 10 list of how to smite squirrels: posted by Leif Irgens on January 30, 2005 at 13:11:25:

get that fish. But, it's gonna cost ya."

I stopped the beasts once. Everyone told me that it couldn't be done but I did it. First, you gotta have the feeder out of jumping distance of any climbable structure (trees, sheds, homes, poles etc). This in itself is hard to do if you have alot(cp) of trees. Second you need to have a length of 6" diameter PVC pipe surrounding the pole holding the feeder. It needs to be at least 4 feet long and the top has to be higher than the squirrels vertical leap. The top can be against the bottom of the feeder to keep them from crawling through the PVC pipe. The little dome pole "Squirrel Proof" blocker should hold the PVC pipe up. I would have to know specifics to help you more.

These creatures are not easy to beat. Before using this PVC I tried the little dome pole blocker by itself. They would somehow get around it and shimmy up the pole. I tried greasing the pole. Eventually, their little furry bodies removed the grease and up the pole they went. It took all of my genius to stop them.

I realized that I was obsessed with these beasts, when one morning my daughter Leah (4yrs old at the time) exclaimed from the breakfast nook, "Gunk damnit!! Daddy, the damn squirrels are in the bird feeder again". It was then that I realized that I had a problem. The squirrels had driven me to cursing and my lovely little angel had picked up the habit. Good luck from a recovering profanic.

Victor Birch

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: