Tour de Meaux

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Victor Birch on July 31, 2005 at 23:18:23:

First of all let's all say "Happy Birthday" to Monetta. She does not look a day over thirty-five but she told us that she is a decade and some over that (I don't believe it). It just goes to show you what exercise can do for a body.

In honor of her recent B-day, a few of us got together to celebrate with her. This year the theme was a celebration of Lance Armstrong's domination of the Tour de France. There were three grueling legs to the competition. There were the time trials, the sprints and of course the leg with challenging mountains. Obviously, this competition had to be held at Municipal Park for its glorious mountain peaks.

My team, Monaco, of course dominated the other two teams (both began with Mo but I don't know how to spell them). Monetta, Billie (Leif's wife), Pat Hilliard and Jeannie Sandeford were the other Monaco team members. The other participants were game competitors so I don't want to embarass them by mentioning their names. Except for Billie's husband, who was the center of controversy for possibly costing his team the overall title by wandering off just before his time trial was to begin. To his credit, he almost saved his team from defeat by winning the sprint competition, although one of the judges said that he in fact crossed that finish line out of bounds. In any case, he was given that win.

In the end, I, TRFKAFBM, went home with the yellow jersey and the Tour de Meaux Cup/Candle Holder, since I was team captain of Team Monaco. Better luck next time Leif.

TRFKAFBM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: