Re: Age-Graded Tables for Corporate Cup

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on September 13, 2007 at 21:53:55:

In Reply to: Re: Age-Graded Tables for Corporate Cup posted by Monetta Roberts on September 13, 2007 at 19:36:03:

Yes, I asked publically because (1) I couldn't find an e-mail address for Leon and (2) I thought others might be interested in how the age-graded system works.

Ultimately, here's my thing: I've finally accepted the fact that, even if I spent $1000's on an altitude tent, black market EPO, testosterone, and HGH, hired a top-level coach and ate right, the days of seeing the underside of 17 min. for a 5k on anything but a bicycle are gone for me. But while I accept that I will never run 16:42 again (or 16:45 for the first 5k of a 10k - ouch !!) what I do not accept is that I cannot maybe run an age-graded equivalent of that 16:42 I ran at age 19. So, off to the age graded tables. . . But alas, which ones? From what I understand about age graded tables, they should yield the same values if they are up-to-date as they are based on age-group world records (so - they will actually change as more old f@rts like Bill Rodgers keep getting older and keep setting age-group WR's) Anyway, if my source doesn't equate to the Corporate Cup source, something is amiss and being an ANALytical chemist and thus data-driven, I wanna have the correct up-to-date info. before I start trying to draw conclusions like I'm just as fast as I would have been if I were still young which - by the way - I am not.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: