Old Mobile, One Milers, and Board Members

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on March 04, 2009 at 16:20:31:

I hate to run all these things into one post but it's better than doing 3 postings.
1st- The OM8K does not have a certified one miler and I'm not sure the Police would tolerate the extra time on the roads (along with the neighborhood)I was unaware of this new found interest in certified fun runs. I would think we'd have to have a fee if we're going to do results and keep it straight from the 8K. And do you want awards?
2nd- As far as doing them BEFORE the main event, my opinion is if everyone's going to run it wide open, I could see it. I'm not sure the courses in NOLA but the layout of the Old Mobile would have the slower folks coming back at the runners when we start the 8K. There are some that take it to heart the meaning of fun.

3rd- Now for the big segue. If you'd like to have input and make decisions to these things and much more, help your local running club! It's that time of the year when the board looks to transitions to the next year. The PCP is looking for 4 members to be on the nominating committee. But more importantly, the nominating committee is looking for these openings: President
Vice President
Course Marshal
Paceletter Assistant
Registration/Results
Race Coordinator
You can contact anyone on the board (or specifically Maureen, Mona, or myself)to help look for individuals or step up and cover a position. If you need a job discription, we can provide. Please give it consideration.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: