Re: Old Mobile, One Milers, and Board Members

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Lu Jeffrey on March 04, 2009 at 19:33:05:

In Reply to: Old Mobile, One Milers, and Board Members posted by Richard Leonard on March 04, 2009 at 16:20:31:

I think what runners are looking for in a 1 mile event is an opportunity to set the state record for their age. I know David pushed for the Joe Cain 1 mile to be certified because that was the only distance (1 mile) that he would not have an opportunity to set the record for age 66.....and Melanie for age 57 female. What is really needed (in my opinion-and we know what they say about opinions) is a one mile event. Certified course....held every year. Like Jon Adams was doing a couple of years ago. But not at night. Also, I recall that years ago (telling my age) there was a 1 mile event for women only, held in conjunction with the Jr Miss Pageant....I loved that race!! As I recall it drew about 400 runners...from Pensacola, NO, Miss and of course Mobile. I guess someone will just have to step up and say...My Organization needs a fund raiser...then go from there!
Sorry about making a short story long...but I do agree with Jon Adams that it would be great to occasionally (maybe one race a year) have the Fun Run before the big event...for the kids to get the cheers and encouragement.
Thats All Folks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: