Re: Man on a budget

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Richard Leonard on January 19, 2010 at 20:02:25:

In Reply to: Re: Man on a budget posted by Jon Adams on January 19, 2010 at 13:20:41:

To answer a few of the questions-- Mobile is the only surrounding city that charges for police protection. It comes at a rate of time and a half. This includes police and school crossing guards. The police have let us block non-critical intersections. But we can't drop the ball or that race director will not have that luxury again. For the record, the PCP only has 2 races on the streets of Mobile-Old Mobile and ATR.
The ATR has sharply reduced the prize money this year. If you were to take all the money away, I doubt you see much in the paper (publicity) building up to the race since most of the articles are about who(invited runners) are coming this year.
As for giving money to charities. Lot's of entrees are because runners and walkers want to support that cause so they choose that race to run. A couple of race directors have posted on this thread (Brent, Lu, Jon). I don't know what prompted you to step up and help produce a race but for me, if my race didn't support a cause, I would have done my turn and then turned it over to someone else a long time ago.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: