VOLUNTEERS

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Pat Hilliard on May 26, 2007 at 11:01:02:

To post on this site it calls for you to be civil, I will try my best. for those of you who know me you know that I usually shoot first and then take aim. Today we ended the PCP's running season, yes today we had a great run and a great post race, we also elected new officers for the coming year, congratulations to all.
Okay time to shoot, the Port City Pacers have a membership of close to 800 people, they put on 8 to 10 races or thereabouts which most of you who read this forum participate in, and we thank all of you for running. The problem is we ALWAYS have the same people volunteering, from set up to course support to tear down, the same people, why can't we get more support from the membership? For any of you wondering, yes (sometimes) I do get to the run early and give a helping hand and whatever area needs the help I go there. I talked to several officers today and we were wondering that maybe when you renew your membership maybe you might add that you would be willing to volunteer at a race, let's face it if you get injured or if you feel like not racing one of the races then jump in and volunteer it might give one of the regular volunteers a chance to go and run a race.
I shot, just something for all of you to think about during the summer season

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: