I need a doctor...or someone who stayed at a Holiday Inn

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by lynn allin on June 23, 2010 at 15:30:37:

Hello old friends. Long time no post. I am back, but sadly, sicker than ever. I am having real issues with bonking/vomiting during long runs, especially post marathon. Last marathon it wasn't even post. Just horrible abdominal pain starting at mile 13, 17-29 barfing, and then bonking since nothing would stay down. Still finished, but totally miserable all night. This is pretty much the same as the marathon prior which I was prepared to discount as a one time thing.

I have talked to MDs, NPs and they are stumped: too much food before, too little food before, electrolytes, stress, my gallbladder, transient ischemic bowel...all things that have never been issues before. I am not a newbie, I had food, drink, training down to a science until now.
No. This is not a side stitch. I'm talking unrelenting gut wrenching pain followed by heaving. The pain lasts for 3 days after the race.
And by the way, no check ups or tests have panned out. I read so much about running induced nausea but never experienced it myself. This sucks.

So, If you have suggestions, feel free to email me canucklynn@hotmail.com.
If you know an MD/NP that runs or would be sympathetic and curious, write me.
If this happened to you and you solved it through some combination of virgin sacrifice and fresh cloves, write me.

Lynn "at wits' end" Allin -Hall

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: